Although there have been many excellent tennis players that are have made history, here are 10 of the tennis greats that seem to excel and stand out in the crowd.
- Roger Federer is known for his power serve and mysterious style as well as 242-15 record the past 5 years and 5 Grand Slam wins.
- Pete Sampras has done exceptionally the past ten years and has 7 Wimbledon crowns and 14 majors.
- Rod Laver has a modest build but flawless techniques, which have helped him win 11 majors and the Grand Slam twice.
- Roy Emerson dominated the 1960s, won 12 Grand Slam and is spectacular.
- Ivan Lendl won 8 Grand Slam finals due to his strong work ethic and exceptional talent. He was ranked #1 For 270 weeks.
- Bjorn Borg is known as the Ice Borg and is credited for a unique style of play that's still used today. He won 11 majors.
- Andre Agassi is known as the best returner of serves to ever step on the court.
- Bill Tilden played years ago but still is remembered for his 10 majors he won and for how he turned tennis into a sport for all athletes worldwide.
- Jimmy Connors is known for his longevity in the game as well as his 8 Grand Slam wins. He also managed to with the Open on grass, clay and hard courts.
- John McEnroe, Mats Wilander, Boris Becker and Stefan Edberg are all great players with similar wins and styles.